**NO MORE THAN FIVE ADS MAX IN FOR SALE FROM NOW ON**

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We've had a guideline setup for a while asking people not to post too many adverts in the for sale forums at any one time for a while now. This is to give everyone a fair chance and to prevent certain individuals 'blocking' the FS boards.

Sadly certain users continue to post up multiple ads.

It has been decided that we'll set a limit of five ads to be placed at any one time from now on, however would suggest the use of combined for sale or clearout threads.

We think this is more than fair. Discuss....

seems more than fair to me
easy enough to amend title with updates etc
should keep the for sale board a bit clearer

rob

More than fair. This is not ebay so we don't need individual posts for each item. I use this board to kill time at work as much as anything (not meant as a negative) so it's not too much of a challenge to read long ads with loads of items in them! And it's not as if most people here are just after one specific part, I think almost all of us here have started builds based on a chance purchase.

Only problem with the new rule, how do you judge 'at one time', will it be like rent day when I was a student and I used to go to the ATM at 11.59pm take out £200 and then at 12.01 take out another £200?

pete_mcc":2gt7wncn said:
More than fair. This is not ebay so we don't need individual posts for each item. I use this board to kill time at work as much as anything (not meant as a negative) so it's not too much of a challenge to read long ads with loads of items in them! And it's not as if most people here are just after one specific part, I think almost all of us here have started builds based on a chance purchase.

Only problem with the new rule, how do you judge 'at one time', will it be like rent day when I was a student and I used to go to the ATM at 11.59pm take out £200 and then at 12.01 take out another £200?

Glad people are in agreement thus far.

Good point regarding 'at once', rule ammended to being 'at once or on page one of the for sale board'. Obvioulsy we will use some common sense if ads are bumped up by others.

As I've said elsewhere don't particularly like adding rules however think this'll clear things up for everyone...

Agree too, otherwise some ads dissapear in a few hours somtimes from page 1. And I'm such a person who only watches page 1 besides when I'm specific searching for something.

Well, as i wrote on the other thread a couple of days ago, it´s a lot better to have everything on one topic only, updating everything on 1st page, and even having a link on your signature. This might as well end the "bumps". Just check John´s signature, for example. I can check his used parts for sale at any time, in any thread. Clean and easy... ;)

To be honest I hadn't really seen multiple posts by one user for a while now, don't understand what the fuss is about.
But obviously I'm wrong otherwise this thread wouldn't have appeared. :?
Carl

Back