**NO MORE THAN FIVE ADS MAX IN FOR SALE FROM NOW ON**

Good call John. The forum was getting a little cluttered as certain folk with no decorum shamelessly posting for sale ad all over the forum, not even in the for sale section or with any relevance to the post they were replying too.

No worries mazdaman, they're very nice here.....

angry_mob.gif

BURN HIM!!

'Ere, I like the idea of linking your sales to your signature. The other thing I like about Scant's idea is we go back to my favourite; big multiple sals with pics! They're like virtual booty sales!

I agree with what you're saying John, and it would be much better for potential buyers if threads didn't get relegated to page 2 so quickly. But why do sellers need as many as five?

I would suggest that the rule should say that nobody can open more than one fresh thread per week. i.e., a system where each seller would have one thread at a time, with a suitably informative title, and just keep updating it. Then periodically, he could start all over with a fresh thread, and he could include a link to his previous one if he wanted to. I would have thought that would be more helpful for potential buyers and would also be a much easier rule for you to police.

And personally I have to say that if the difficulty with one thread was that it gave Scant and Jez a problem, I would support letting them have a few more threads per week, as after all that might make their big ads easier for buyers to read. Some might say that's not fair, but I think it would be sensible and sensible is more important than fair.

It's a free service and it's excellent, so sellers should be very grateful for whatever they get.

Agency_Scum":32wy4ga7 said:
'Ere, I like the idea of linking your sales to your signature. The other thing I like about Scant's idea is we go back to my favourite; big multiple sals with pics! They're like virtual booty sales!

my idea? I've done massive long single thread for sale lists before. stuff gets missed. i remember posting up a single thread for a set of brand new lights, had loadsa people interested, they're been on the original long sale list thread for a month before hand but people had missed them.

so pros & cons, tho i can totally understand the limiting the no. of for sale threads. southern downhill forum where i occasionally post has got v.strict on the forum, no ebay links (obs specific forum here for that!), no bumping threads etc, this forums pretty easy going ;)

Anthony":223lih9w said:
And personally I have to say that if the difficulty with one thread was that it gave Scant .

no problem with me dude, i've sold the vast majority of the retro stuff I want to sell, most of the stuff left is modern which understandably doesnt sell so well on this forum so i havent been advertising on ere so much recently. kinda good timing given the new rule I guess :cool:

although the preference is to have one for sale thread each we understand some people prefer to list items individually. As scant says listing the odd item this way can help move items on that have been sat is a 'clearout' thread for a while.

Five seems a good comprimise so we'll go with it.

If people post more than that threads will be deleted! The rules ans guidleines are there for all to see.

Don't feel bad about putting in rules John. I like the idea. We find on our site and club that rules only have to come about when folk take the p1ss with common sense and courtesy.

Fine with me, though I still think that classified ads by type in subforums would be a great help.

Back