1996 Schwinn S[9six]

npn

Retro Guru
My latest addition. The biggest complains about these bikes were the components - namely the LX drive-train and the cane creek rear shock.

This one has a Fox rear shock and Tektro V-brakes I know don't seem original but you gotta love the colour!

50116294703_b2b3a388b1_c_d.jpg

50117091082_f3ccd29de4_c_d.jpg

I couldn't find much info on this bike here, so I'm glad to contribute at least only a bit ;)

I forgot to add - I picked it up for scraps. Not kidding! This guy was selling 3 bikes together not knowing anything about any of them. It's sad though... it must've been his father's given the kid was in his late 20s... and the sad part is that who knows what would happen with my bike collection. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being sold as "buy one get 2 free" or something LOL... or maybe :(

Re:

Ref the spec you mention - the OEM shock was a Fox Alps with X-ray gripshift and cantilever brakes so your right someone’s dicked with the V brakes and shifters somewhat although there’s nothing wrong with LX as a groupset and to many buyers back in the day would have been aspirational

If you fancy a read of Ze German check out the brochure for this bike

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... n/Reviews/

And Al’s slightly older 95 version. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=408759&start=0

I had found the German brochure before... Either way I'm surp not much chatter about this bike here. Schwinn was a reputable brand back in the day. I'll take my time and restore it. I actually like the design...

Back