pedals

I just picked up a Cannondale with toe staps, which I scoffed at at first, but after a few test rides, I actually don't mind them, I haven't used SPDs in years anyway, simply due to being out of the game, so perhaps straps are a good re-introduction, but they do feel more secure / powerful than just flats... but that's just my opinion.

I have some SPD shoes on the way anyway, and currently use the flip side of SPD combination touring pedals on the Pace. But they arn't too good for the rough stuff.

Tried SPD's BITD but never liked the feeling of being locked to the bike :roll: , so always ran BMX style flats, bought a pair of light single sided NC17's recently, going to try clips and straps on those for commuting, got a pair of huge modern Gusset flats on my GT though.

SPD's are the best of both worlds-locked in when you want, and released with a quick flick of the heel-no reaching down to tighten or loosen straps/clips combos anymore!

i use a spd's and flats depending on the type of riding i am doing. dont like jumping with spd's and also find downhill far easier on flats bit i love being clipped in on long xc rides

I've been ruminating over fitting some clips and straps to the GT since it's my commuter. I've used spuds for years but straps would mean I can use 'normal' shoes to go to the shops an' stuff. :D

SPuD's since 93ish for me; never looked back.

Although, I do admit to sticking flats on my RTS for the year or so I quit biking (easier to nip to the shops :roll: ).

Back