Wanted Shoes and cleats wanted

Dangermouse

Retro Guru
I am on the lookout for some 1980s (early) shoes with cleats for strap in pedals if anyone has some gathering dust.

I've got some brand new Specialized ones. Probably from around the mid 80's. What size are you after ?.

Similar but the ones I have seen are plastic and called slotted cleats with mounting holes that match up to screw holes in the shoes, I wouldn't trust nails/tacks

Thanks, just curious. Some people didn't trust the very early cleats, especially the very early one held with a sort of sliding rod. The ones you are after are a bit later than me lol

Similar but the ones I have seen are plastic and called slotted cleats with mounting holes that match up to screw holes in the shoes, I wouldn't trust nails/tacks
Nails and tacks work…take your shoe and ride a bit till you got a line under your shoe…this will be wear your shoe plate should line up with your pedal…take your shoes and plates to your nearest cobbler and bingo…shoes in the right place and won’t move.

Nails and tacks work…take your shoe and ride a bit till you got a line under your shoe…this will be wear your shoe plate should line up with your pedal…take your shoes and plates to your nearest cobbler and bingo…shoes in the right place and won’t move.
Only in a wooden or leather sole, no good for the moulded, hard plastic soles, which required the dedicated cleats

Back