1993 Saracen Sahara Elite frame - fork length?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a neat new Saracen project! Not even sure if or why I want it. Potentially it's in my size as a tallish 19" for a change too. Been reading up a bit. I could use it to commute on it, seems a bit unfair, or I could use to occasionally pull kids trailer. Nice and jolly strong red bike. Or yet another budget retro build....???
:facepalm: :D :roll: :facepalm: :xmas-cool:
Or sell if these options don't happen.

They were designed to have 1.5" elastomer forks.
Would 400mm A-C rigids work on it? They're the longest ones I have in stock.
It'd be a controversial but cool or not aheadset, spacers and steel Saracen stem and probably flat bars.

Cheers for any input.

Re:

I built up a similar age Sahara frame for my dad. I think that's a 19". Next time I'm over at the house I'll measure the fork length. ;)

yup standard length there buddy. the tangesque forks had 30mm travel at best and only an extra 15mm a-c iirc. itll be fine dude

Will it be this cool though?

saracen_sahara_elite_redux_243.jpg

Ha, Thank you, I expected to find the same members of threads I was reading last night, and I did it just didn't seem right to bump old threads! :D

I'm not sure it will be cool at all, certainly not as cool as that one. I also found the Saracen Cool or Not vote. 51% Uncool - snobs! :D If I buy another, I'll have 4 potential early saracen projects! :D

Fork options are thick blade Muddy Fox cromo in purple or tapered bendy black forks that came with an alloy Merlin, both aheadset which was technically a higher level period upgrade. Great!
Still don't know what it'll be for!

Cheers all

Looking at the catalogue the BB is 3/4 inch taller so makes sense what you're saying on here.
It's also the largest unbuilt frame I have which is good, might fit nice for a change. Head tube nice n long, tall and long looks more like a 21" though catalogue only goes up to 19. Will have to actually measure it tomorrow before kids are asleep!
Forks are perfect fit too don't even need trimming. They are 1 1/8 I presume.
A project is born!

Back