Where can I get elastomers from?

julesg007

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Morning all,

Probably need to change some elastomers in a pair of forks and was wondering where the best place to get them would be?

Thanks

Re:

Thanks for the info.

Did see this comp but was sort of hoping I might be able to get something this side of the pond!

Yep, I know all about import duty, VAT and customs clearance charges as I have brought over quite a fair amount of bits and pieces and not just bike stuff from the US. It all due to the threashold for paying it, its only £16 or so!

Re:

The other option if you want them in 3 days as opossed to 3 weeks is to buy pace ones, if you can use a Stanley knife (they are a little longer than manitou ones and need cutting down) then you can fit them!

Pretty sure rc35s are too wide if it's the answer manitou comp you are doing- not sure if the mxcd are smaller diameter.

I might have a link for you but need to check the spec sheet...

The elastomer in my forks has a number of black hard plastic spacers around it so I can at lease get a measurement to see what might fit.

Without wishing to state the obvious here / insult your intelligence
Elastomers compress with age so what you measure today is going to a lot shorter in stack height to what they were originally.

Some clever dude probably knows the stack height when new.

Back