Expected cost for a powder coat?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Looking to ship off my saracen for a plain white coat of powder. How much is a reaonable price for a flat white coat?

If I wanted to go crazy and add a lacquer to add a pearlescent effect, how much will that add to the job?

I spoke to a local company I used before and the price seemed very high, especially as they last job they did wasn't the best.

Re:

LSN Coatings: http://www.lsn-coatings.co.uk/

Did this frame and forks for £40.00:

UK14.jpg

Bullpup":2rretx4z said:
Around Edinburgh, the prices are between £40-£60
I've been quoted more than your top end just for the frame. Knowing the quality of the last job, I'd be better off sending it away, as even factoring in postage, it will work out the same.but with a better end result.

Re:

£40 single colour, up to £60 for metallic/flake effects or 2 colour fades.
They masked off brake bosses, bb threads etc as well.

Re:

It is a metallic lime green, I asked for the same colour as one of the motorcycle wheels I saw in a picture on their web site, and that's what I got back. The picture doesn't really show it to it's best, in person it's a really vivid colour and the metallic much more apparent.

Close up, the finish isn't super smooth, like glass; I've seen higher gloss finishes, but I'm not sure whether that's because it's a wheel finish, or whether they perhaps didn't do a perfect job. However, because it's very sparkly/metallic the less than complete gloss finish doesn't bother me too much, it's sort of overwhelmed by the "sparkliness" if you see what I mean, if it were a solid dark colour it would be more noticeable. For the money I was very pleased, they masked all the holes, threads and brake bosses etc..

Here's a close-up of part of the frame:

UK13.jpg

Re:

It was LSN Coatings (Castleford, West Yorkshire) who did the metallic effect powdercost on the Stumpjumper in my Sig...

I was impressed, would use them again without a doubt, I was able to drop the frame + forks off and pick them up a few weeks later (I was in no rush to finish the build).

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 681
Back