Pace rc30 repaint?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have a fairly tidy set of pace rc30 forks in chrome. The build they are for is mostly black with a smattering of silver and I'm thinking that black legs would suit the bike better.

I've not decided to go down this route yet, but if I do, what's the best way of doing so?

I'm assuming powder coat is not a good plan as a) the drop outs are bonded and b) it could turn out too thick to fit into the crown.

As the forks are chromed, what would be the best method to remove this prior to repaint?

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

If anyone wants a set of pace rc30s, I'd be happy to trade them for something in ahead that would sit nicely on an orange clockwork, rigid or even suspended as long as they have a 1 inch steerer.

I am going through a similar process with some RC30's and a black explosif. So much so I am comtemplating a bike I don't want just because it is fitted with black 531 RC30's.

Have you thought about having them re-chromed in black?

Not given that idea any thought. Chroming seems to cost a lot for what it is, would rather go down the paint route if I decide to do anything, unless of course there is some benefit to it I don't know about.

I think it would depend on the model. I've got some evos I could use already but they are far too nice for the build and I may have plans for them.

Happy to consider it if you let me know what they are.

Back