Alright then addicts...

tIB

Senior Retro Guru
... school me!

My nickel p7 is going on the wall due to corrosion issues, I'm at something of a crossroads in that I'm wondering whether to sell off the bits from that or bung them all on something else retro. I don't need another bike, but that really isn't the point is it?

At the minute I have another p7 (not nickel and a road convert) and will hopefully finalise a rigid xc build today... always lusted over pace rc200's way back, now quite tempted by a haro or another nickel p7... if only because I never got to fit the dream team pace rc35's to it. Also love old proflex's- I had one on loan for a couple of weeks back when I was a kid. Mmm, Klein manta's too!

In terms of practicality something bouncy might be best, given its an option I don't have. I suppose I could also re-mtb the p7 as a winter ride and pick up a proper road frame leaving options open. Realistically you should tell !e to sell everything... but I'd really like to bung the pace forks on something given its taken me 25 years to finally get a pair!

Re:

An Orange frame + Pace forks = a match made in heaven :cool:
But, as youve already had/have a P7 then why not look at trying something different? You mentioned Proflex, click on the Proflex 857 at the bottom of my signature, I ended up putting some Pace RC38's on it and it made a fairly light short travel xc bike, it wasn't bad at all Tbh.

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 938
Nice bike Jim, I fear I'm too much of a sucker for those massive girvin forks to make use of the pace ones on a proflex though.

You're right on the p7 thing, though I love the look of the nickel ones- maybe a chrome zaskar would be a decent match for the pace... seems a shame to let those parts go to waste!

I've already done that: my maxlight build was based on the on one carbon forks I bought but didn't like on the roady p7! Of course, I could put the paces on that, but, um...

I bought an old zaskar frame and will transfer all I can over to that... should keep me busy for a while now the maxlight is almost done.

Im officially one of you lot now- a P7 RS turned up locally (not sure if nickel plate or chrome on these?) for a decent price so I picked it up- undecided yet whether to do a full build or switch wheels with the zaskar Im putting together... either way I now have more bikes than sense.

tIB":20lfejjq said:
... school me!
... always lusted over pace rc200's way back, now quite tempted by a haro or another nickel p7... if only because I never got to fit the dream team pace rc35's to it. Also love old proflex's- I had one on loan for a couple of weekr!

I have haro with suspension forks
Large frame, post+packing plus whatever you wish to donate, and am not expecting much.

Also got two early proflex frames, would be about £20 ish each but open to offers.

Basically not going to get round to building any of these and im out of storage space. :facepalm:

Deffo need a new bike. N+1 applies to retrobikes too, right?

Much as I love the old Proflexes, I think tIB is right, they need the massive out front Girvins, not a dainty Pace fork. Similar for the Zaskar too, they seem made for red Judy DH forks to me!

Maybe something Ti? Vitamin T, or a Merlin? Or just do what I did, and get an RC200. They are awesome, after all (Mint agrees).

Back