Pace rc35 internal dimensions

tIB

Senior Retro Guru
As title- anyone know the internal dimensions of the rc35 forks? Better still the diameter and length of the elastomers inside? Ta!

I think they are the AB - the early ones with the top out and 2 x main elastomers in each side.

I may have one I can measure kicking about. It's slightly deformed so might not be 100% accurate but something to go on.

The one pictured looks pretty solid, you'd need the internal diameter too to drill out. Not an easy task (I've done it myself for the same reason), and hot elastomer really burns if it gets on your skin.

Looking at the pic, using the laptop as some sort of perspective, the rod you have looks to be a little narrow.

Cheers that would be really helpful.

I took a punt on that one as it was cheap - its one inch in diameter. I wondered about machining some nylon spacers if it is too small, a little like the mxc setup. My old man has a lathe and drill press so will get him to do the dirty work...

Looks like you might be in luck. The elastomer I have isn't that bad as it goes. Appears to be 1 inch outside diameter, 1cm inside diameter and length is 4.7 cms, though this has been used so wondering if it was a round 5cm originally?

Measures!

Main elastomer dimensions (x2): 55mm long, 24mm outer diameter with a 10mm centre.

Top out elastomer: 27.3 long, 18.5mm outer, 10mm inner.

Back