Ringle holey QR's

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Does anybody know if they are able to be taken apart completely? I've not got any in my possession but wondered if they could be cleaned up and re-anodised - I'm seeing a few sets about that need work and I need some 3DV ones.

Cheers.

shawnb":30x608g2 said:
Does anybody know if they are able to be taken apart completely? I've not got any in my possession but wondered if they could be cleaned up and re-anodised - I'm seeing a few sets about that need work and I need some 3DV ones.

Cheers.

Yup ... the one end obviously comes off and then the business end is threaded into a sleeve with a bit of loctite. Once you get that our you just pull the sleeve and it all comes apart.

jimi911":1k6virgc said:
shawnb":1k6virgc said:

Cheers.

Yup ... the one end obviously comes off and then the business end is threaded into a sleeve with a bit of loctite. Once you get that our you just pull the sleeve and it all comes apart.

That's what I wanted to hear!
Cheers.

Re:

Heat up the thread locked end with a hairdryer or heater, then tighten two nuts against each other on the other end and clamp in a vice. Handle should just twist off.

Re: Re:

Rampage":3hx4361b said:
Heat up the thread locked end with a hairdryer or heater, then tighten two nuts against each other on the other end and clamp in a vice. Handle should just twist off.

Cheers, then I'll be in touch for some re-anodising ;)

Back