Anyone paint their own frames/forks ?

Yes....painted mine about 5 years ago or more.
Can take a pic of the bike now if you are interested.

Done several BMX's for Son when he was younger.

ourphotos198.jpg

ourphotos212.jpg

Re:

I’d been on the lookout for a project bike and had my eye on a early 90’s Lava Dome on flea bay. Frame wise it would have been ideal for what I wanted … a tatty frame to strip and repaint, problem was the group set was a mismatch of oddments and pretty much, so was the rest of the bike … even the wheels were from different manufacturers. If I had a stock of replacement parts this wouldn’t have been a problem … But I don't and I didn't want to go down the road of collating parts to get a decent bike together so I let the Kona go.
Someone on here directed me to a 94 rockhopper which had decent’ish paint and was a pretty much original bike so I bought that instead….up to now, its been fairly straight forward getting it as I would like … so im scouring eBay for an original, complete, sensibly priced project bike. Preferably steel frame form the 90s.

Did you have any issue with your sisters bike ? I believe etch primer is required on alloy frames ??

Re:

Hats off to that workmanship ^^. I have only done a few forks using genuine BMW rattle can, primer, 6/7 coats. It sprays so evenly, they turn out great IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 485
Thanks enc, M-power forks look good.
I take it you are slightly a BMW man..:LOL:

Was trying to find pics of the Kula mid-paint.
Will look through photobucket.

Back