Colored Tires? Liking the BOTM entry with yellow tires

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Didn't get a chance to comment on this one before the BOTM thread was locked, but I wanted newbie DICKO10 to know that I think his BOTM entry with yellow tires looks ace, and to welcome him to the site. The tires plus the other yellow bits (stem, grips, bottle cage) really accentuate the decals.

I think that it looks great anytime you can match tires to decal colors, and it looks especially good if the frame and decals are adjacent colors in the color spectrum, i.e., one of the following:

• yellow and green
    green and blue
    blue and purple
    purple and red
    red and orange
    orange and yellow

I realize many colored tires are a bit heavier than most (if not all) competition tires, but if it's competition you want, you'd probably go with a full susser modern bike rather than a retro rigid frame anyway.

Best of luck to DICKO10 with his BOTM entry.

edit: I was finally able to upload the pic. Anyone else have some colored tire pics? Howzabout we post them here?

Attachments

• yellow_tires.jpg
    yellow_tires.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 819
Can i just echo the above, It does look great with the Yellow :cool:

Also whilst on the subject of coloured tyres, If you fancy something different, and cheap and colouful then look no further than Curio Tyres, based just outside Norwich they do a great selection of Tyres for MTB (26") and BMX (20") and even some 700c sized ones too. Very good price. Touch base with them if you fancy some colour in your life without spending a fortune.

http://www.curiouk.com/

(I am not associated with Curio, however I have purchased from them in the past and found the service second to none and great quality tyres too)

Jussa :D

Be careful....
Below is an example of what happends when your afternoon dedicated to work on your Vintage Yeti is derailed because of as missing part.

So...... to fill time you grab your ten year old Sons tires and merge them with a unused Zaskar frame.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My most colourful:

1997_Merlin_TDB%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Had theses Duro Raider (Grey/Red/Amberwalled) tyres on my Grey C16R :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF3352.JPG
    DSCF3352.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 741
  • DSCF3353.JPG
    DSCF3353.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 740
Were you guys dropped on your head at Birth :LOL:

Jussa, I can just accept those but jez those Yellow fella's on a green bike look aweful :shock:

Takes all sorts to make a world I guess !

I had the green Wildgrippers on a yellow Stumpy BITD. As I recall some of my friends were not impressed. You have to be very judicious with the use of bright color and tires are the hardest to make work

I do like coloured tyres, when contrasting with other colours they look absolutley great. Ok, it is possible to ruin the look of a bike with them, but that is also easy with black tyres!

The courier comp and the C16R above look very nice, the tyres really add something IMO. And I love a green wildgripper on a polished frame. mmmmm

Back