zaskar swop

zaskar.le

Dirt Disciple
Hi ive a 96 zaskar le.
Someone was looking to get rid of a 07 team in a swop of some kind?.
Whats the pit falls etc and differences between them i know le's 6061 and 07 should be? keneisis tubing and a semi integrated headset.
But after riding spez epic marathon quite like the disc brakes also got a pair of mavic crossrides for £40 which are disc/rim to use.
It's on some mavic/xt parallax hubs in silver which prob sell later?.
What would you put the say value between frames? either in cash or prestige etc.
I have thought about using an adaptor like the a2z one which clamps either side of drop out as the ones that link upto canti boss can rip rear to bits.

zaskar.le":1uxgt2rc said:
So guess no one knows then?

I don't fully understand your question, did you want to transfer the parts from the 07 bike onto the Zaskar? if so then I would think some parts will work and others will not, disc only wheelset is an obvious no but the bottom bracket could be the same which means the crank will work too and the fork is likely 1 1/8th so that is a yes as long as the steerer is long enough, rear derailleur should be ok basically you just have to try?

I would have thought that while the 07 is a nice frame the 96 would be maybe 2, 3 times the value depending on condition (eg the 07 $100, the 96 $2-300), but that is just my opinion. The old back when they were good and USA made, vs newer and Tawanese made.
We are talking aluminium 07, not carbon yeah?

Hi no if you read it someone has offered a swop it's a team 07 for my 96 zaskar le.mines silver with black/white stickers. as they are looking to get rid of there team 07.there both 1 1/8 H'sets and same seat pin size i do already have disc wheels (mavic crossrides) theres not much if anything that won't fit/work i guess well apart from the xtr v's on mine atmo.
Mines running mechs with lx shifters 952 c'set.Avid speed dial 7 Ti's(the ones that are fully adjustable)
Anyone remember the scott at4 pro's run them which give you bar ends plus tri bar type at front or put lights etc on them.
the main or one of them is fork height ie travel rake/reach etc as ive rock shoxs pilot air sl's approx 100mm travel and not sure what the team runs @?.
So what would be the values of either then sentimental and cash! mines got usual bit on r c stay behind middle ring but not bad like some ive dealt with lower b cage bolt spins(could drill out and sort) few odd marks/scratches but nothing major esp for a 16/7 year old frame.
No cracks etc as was checked when got it(just have to realign r'mech hanger as fell on mech while back) it's a replacement one i got from guy on flea bay who makes in Israel just going to take to friends place and do on jig.

Yes T'boo Ted it should be Kenesis ali tubing with fluted down tube tried looking on google but google is crap for finding anything you do want as opposed to what it wants to give you.

Tried to upload pics but says too big.

Attachments

• zaskar13.jpg
    zaskar13.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 191
well now this is all just my opinion... but if you MUST have disc brakes then the 07 would be better than putting on some adapter thing on the 96, so go the 07. Personally I have XT discs on my 08 reissue and while they are mighty powerful, I still prefer the feel of the XT V's on my 96 Xizang, but thats just me.
Will the bottom bracket fit the 07? I believe the older frames are all 73mm shells, but the new one may be 68mm (my zaskar is, but that may jut be that one), something to check.

If i were to "swap" the 96 for the 07, I would also want a great big pile of cash as well, not a straight swap as to me the 96 is a far better frame.

All my opinion, others may have different ideas.

Back