Yeti as3 (1997mod) A bit underrated?

kaos

Retro Guru
Hi.

I always liked the as3. Maybe it's becouse it was the first Yeti i bought. It's not a classic or a very pretty bike, but a simple and cool allround bike.
No one ever talks about it, and if so, not in a very positive way.
Also, i never see cool builds out of it. Just with standard xt parts and so on..
What do you guys think?

I still got my as3, and just bought some frame sets from Andrew at Yetifan.
I think it would be a cool build with a mix between turquoise/blue and silver polished components. Not to blinged, but maybe hub's and headset in turquoise/blue.

I'm searching the web at the moment, and i can't find a single good build of this model.

28rml8l.jpg

Yeah they look nice. Dont see many like you say.

Disc tab sticks out as ugly though. Has it been welded or bolted on? I'd paint it yellow to hide it, silver looks cheap.

yeti-man":690rslwk said:
kaos":690rslwk said:
...What do you guys think?..

Never underrated. It is a black spot in the yeti catalog. Wouldn't even have it if someone gave it to me.

Jepp, becouse of Schwinn etc... but it's still a great frame. But as you say, far from classic yeti and sort of a black spot.

I like it, and I think it looks pretty cool. But it doesn't really say "yeti" to me, like an ARC, an Ultimate or even some of the modern full suspension yetis do.

If there is no cool build around of a AS3 i think it is about time to boldly go where no man has gone before. :)
And even the AS3 is not as retro as the starship Enterprise it will be nice to follow this thread.

Latest posts

Back