Hei Hei Sizes?

Chris

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I desparately need some sizes off a 97 hei hei.

I need to know the front mech size and the seatpost size before my 19" frame turns up so I can source some bits.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris.

I would agree with Cass.

(I didn't want to post earlier because my Hei Hei uses a seatpost shim, so I couldn't be 100% certain of the correct size. I know the steel Konas are all slightly bigger, at 27.2mm... but I *THOUGHT* the Ti ones were 27mm all along) :roll:

DM":3g5qq21p said:
I would agree with Cass.

(I didn't want to post earlier because my Hei Hei uses a seatpost shim, so I couldn't be 100% certain of the correct size. I know the steel Konas are all slightly bigger, at 27.2mm... but I *THOUGHT* the Ti ones were 27mm all along) :roll:

27.0mm and 31.8 are the correct sizes as previously posted.

Steel frames are also 27.0mm too. The only 90s Kona frame I know of which has a 27.2mm post is the 1997 Kula (no idea why though, but assume different tubing is why).

Ah well - shows you what I know... (nufink!)
andrewl":58kc8k9b said:

Steel frames are also 27.0mm too. The only 90s Kona frame I know of which has a 27.2mm post is the 1997 Kula (no idea why though, but assume different tubing is why).

andrewl":3m2v8vur said:

Funny you should say that because my 97 Kilauea came with a 27.0, but I found it needed a hell of a lot of clamping and other owners seemed to find the same, so I fitted a 27.2 Syncros, which is a perfect fit. However neither of my 27.2 posts will fit in my 97 Lava Dome - and the 27.0 in-line Race Light that is in it came off some guy's Hei Hei!

I think the detailed frame specs that I used to have (but no more - hence I'm jealous!) show the Kilauea as having significantly thinner tubes than the lower-spec frames. So I kind of speculate that if the external dimension is the same and the butted end of the tube is even 0.1 thinner, then the post needs to be 0.2 bigger, but maybe that's too simplistic?

Back