Someone to build my Tioga Disk!

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Have a NOS disk, assembled but not tensioned.

However, I'm wanting to change the rim and then rebuild (obviously).

Lads at LBS more than willing to give it a go, but have no experience of them.

I'm thinking that a NOS one might not be the best one for them to experiment with really, so hoping someone on here could help me out in return for payment / beer / parts etc...?

BB.

Cheers for link Gordon. Quite a distance from me, but will give him a bell should nothing else crop up.

BB

BoyBurning":i5t7m0gr said:
scant":i5t7m0gr said:
as long as you've got the instructions on true-ing order they're pretty easy to build yourself.

Do you have some you could PDF me Mike?

i've got the paper version somewhere... is there not a copy on this site already?

I'm an idiot - I've got the bloody paper one at home already myself!

Is it safe for someone with no experience with them to true it though...?

Nothing will 'ping'?!

Bump....

I see that Gordon recommended Tony at Thumbprint Tuning - but their website no longer works and there's no answer on the phone. Plus there's some poor reviews of him on other forums regarding Leftie servicing (or lack of!).

I've just bought one, and need a full rebuild. Any suggestions please Tom or anyone else? No massive rush as I've yet to decide on a rim or hub.

Cheers, Regan

Re:

Tony is now at Xodus Bike Works: http://xodusbikeworks.co.uk/

He's been building tension discs since BITD. He knows his onions.

Lefty servicing. You're probably reading a couple of reviews from a few years years ago when he was going through a transitional period.

Re: Re:

manitou916":1m6v8uky said:
Tony is now at Xodus Bike Works: http://xodusbikeworks.co.uk/

He's been building tension discs since BITD. He knows his onions.

Lefty servicing. You're probably reading a couple of reviews from a few years years ago when he was going through a transitional period.
Thank you,
I'll look him up at Xodus :)
And yeah, I realise now those reviews are from a while back :facepalm:

Back