Missed out on an Orange Clockwork today

WideSam

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Found an Orange clockwork from late 80’s early 90’s today on marketplace.
It was a complete bike and looked to only need a minor restoration. Alas, I spent too much time debating whether I really needed it and by the time I’d sent a message it had sold.
The real sting in the tail... it was only £50!
Anyone on here happen to pick it up, as much as I’ve been cursing your name all day, I’d love to see what happens to it!

Yes been there, best to buy now worry later. A lot of bikes do end up on here, though sometimes it can just rub salt into the wound, so to speak :)

Have to say theres plenty about, and while it was seemingly a bargain, there was undoutably underlying problems. A stuck post or BB nightmare.

But this is the thng, the speedy scan and evaluate, and you honestly do sometimes have seconds to decide. I have seen something list at a good price, and while scanning the pics close it sells from under me.
I find the same clearing out the bits. List it very generously and it goes in minutes.

Re: Re:

WideSam":3fa4fab5 said:
I’m half expecting to see it for sale in a day or two for quadruple the price!

Sadly that may well be the case.

Even around where I live you have to be quick to bag a retro bargain, most of the time it's pure luck I check marketplace and happen to see something interesting.
Bargain bikes are snapped in minutes, literally.

dyna-ti":527s8p2a said:
Have to say theres plenty about, and while it was seemingly a bargain, there was undoutably underlying problems. A stuck post or BB nightmare.

But this is the thng, the speedy scan and evaluate, and you honestly do sometimes have seconds to decide. I have seen something list at a good price, and while scanning the pics close it sells from under me.
I find the same clearing out the bits. List it very generously and it goes in minutes.

A very good point. It obviously wasn’t meant to be!

You have to let it go, let it go.. I'm a big fan of ye olde Clockwork, and have a lovely '93 version in the stable. But dyna-ti's right, or could well be. Something's wrong. That's probably why it was there. Somebody knew. Maybe I'm wrong, but reckon it needed more than a service. Possibly the last rites.

dyna-ti":gok3zrwb said:

Totally this ^ I usually copy the pictures to my laptop so I can zoom them, however I've missed so many I now keep them in a folder of "Ones that got away" :LOL: :LOL:

Blimey I'd find that a total downer, a bit like a gallery of women you asked out and got knocked back by. Don't quite see the fun in that.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back