Volunteer Valuers

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello, this is a request for help from the experts on here to help me help a charity.

I am a volunteer for The Bike Station, an Edinburgh based bicycle recycling charity that uses the funds it raises for various cycling initiatives for the community.

I think I know bikes but I do not know values that the marketplace can appreciate/stand as I have no bike retail background.

Recent attempts to sell stuff online for The Bike Station have been fraught with problems of over pricing/under pricing, and customer expectations :oops:

So what I am seeking is a few volunteers who believe they can value kit with a degree of knowledge that I can send PM's to with Photo's of kit. Hopefully with the gained knowledge I can release stuff to the marketplace for sensible prices etc.

Hopefully this would not be too taxing as the current output is low for online sales.

This is entirely voluntary as I don't just want to put out adverts without realistic expectations and be shot down in flames and ridiculed.

Cheers if anyone can help me and the Bike Station. :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Happy to help Velo, have had more than a few conversations with them about pricing over the years....

If any Claud Butlers road or otherwise make their way to you, I’d be happy to help you identify the few super rare jewels from the mass produced low end stuff...

Re:

Funny you should mention that Peachy, there is a 531 framed mixte frame from the 27 x 1&1/4 wheel days I need to identify. I shall try and dig it out and photo it.

And thank you Boxxer, there are several retro mtb's/ frames etc that I could do with valuation opinions on :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2rntu7rk said:
Funny you should mention that Peachy, there is a 531 framed mixte frame from the 27 x 1&1/4 wheel days I need to identify. I shall try and dig it out and photo it.

No problem, it would be a pleasure..

Back