Powder coating prices ?

pete J123

Dirt Disciple
Good evening all, basic question. . how much are people paying for frame & fork to be powder coated. Also any tips/advice on prep. etc
Many thanks
Pete

Re:

£60-ish for a single colour.
And they mask all the important bits off, I just took everything off the frame & forks.

Seperate colour frame/ forks would be more.
They can do basic fades for extra.

It's not all about price though, it's worth paying a bit more for a professional finish, rather than going for the cheapest imo.

Re: Re:

pete J123":1x190pcc said:
I'm in deepest Wales so will try the car mod people maybe rather the farmer engineers :LOL:

Last place I used their main business was refurbing alloy wheels, they did a good job though, think they'd done a fair few bike frames before.

Re:

Makes sense Jimo. I guess with alloy wheels a nice finish is desired and some can be quite intricate ala. Bike frames.

I asked to borrow some heat resistant tape and masked my own last time (see Lotus thread in chain) £40 masked by me one colour, £70 if masked by them (but very roughly)
Obviously I masked my Lotuses myself.

Yeah, I would echo that. My problems started when the powder coaters said they couldn't mask the bits I'd polished. i.e. they could have but didn't want to. Should have done it myself.
The single main frame bit of my San An was £40, so I'd imagine a normal bike frame to be as others have mentioned above.

Back