UK Grundig race results

Tayside

Dirt Disciple
Anyone still have any copies tucked away?
I am sure they used to give you a printed out page at the end,but I have no idea where I hid mine.
Would be grateful for any scans of the Aviemore ,Strathpeffer or Newnham.(1990s)

Cheers

Just finished re-watching some of the old grainy vids on YouTube ...rigidtastic :)
Always thought that big,timed lap qualifier was a great idea ,oh and getting a chance of being in the same race as the Pros,awesome .

Those were the days! I used to train with a bloke I worked with from Aviemore, John Gibson and his missus, Tina. She was a top ten ladies racer early 90's originally from the South of England.

Watched a lot of the racing up there, was in Aviemore 1992 to 1995, I took Mountain Mikes, Mountain Bike Tours, out from the Barrat's resort I worked at, good times!

Stick up a link of the youtube vids if you can Tayside, be good to see an Aviemore race!

Cheers,

M

Awesome Tayside. Thanks for that, my evening is sorted!

That Helicopter pilot had some balls, coming in lower than the big Scots pine in pt1 a couple of mins in!

Can't say I was at that one, but many people have the the same shell suit on that I had, so hard to tell!

Mike

You're welcome.

Watched the Newnham vid right through, I had forgotton that Barry Clark clipped Tomac going through the water splash. Races need more water crossing (IMO) :)

With everything and anything being filmed these days,it's sad that some of big events seem to have been lost,or are sitting on tape in an attic/shed somewhere.I would love to see some of the old races (mostly for the bikes and kit). Went looking for some footage of the 92 World Champ CX at Roundhay Park. Plenty of photos,but only a wee bit of film of Mike Kluge at the finish. :-( It was an amazing day with Roger Hammond winning the junior event.

Back