Oldest mountain bike in UK?

+1

Largely due to LGFs knowledge and passion to share it, I've enjoyed the read very much too.

No bull, tasty and condensed, just like Campbells.

As far as I remember, Shogun from Japan was also an early importer into the UK. Not the oldest, and not
pioneering, but was there when it took off. Triple triangle design on a MTB which pre-dates GTs.

(Plus we get a good photo of a Cunningham, which I will steal and start a new thread...)

My oldest - an Andy Powell from Bristol, 1984.

Attachments

• NWA-GoytValley-December-16.jpg
    NWA-GoytValley-December-16.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 508
Great pic Mr K

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice ice curtain....don't seem to get ice like that any more, much is the shame. :(

All original parts? I have a 1982 Diamond Back Ridge Runner (currently for sale) but it's not all original parts as I bought it as a frameset and wheels:

Ridge+Runner+Complete+%25281%2529.JPG

Re: Re:

M-Power":2yli2cej said:
Who has the oldest original mountainbike in the UK on RB then, with pics. ?

Oldest original from anywhere or oldest original UK mountainbike - would like to see both!

kingoffootball":3f8e4cb4 said:
All original parts? I have a 1982 Diamond Back Ridge Runner (currently for sale) but it's not all original parts as I bought it as a frameset and wheels:

Ridge+Runner+Complete+%25281%2529.JPG

Beauty.... more pics please. Need a close up of that lugwork :cool: Most frames were fillet brazed back in 82 or earlier. Parts were a right mix from different manufacturers and the seatposts were too short resulting in crazy frame sizes to our eyes today.

Yes please....Pics of any French classic Motobecanes if they exist or a 1st Gen Specialized :roll:

Back