Hmmm, headset cups won't fit....

Re: Re:

mkone":2zegginj said:
M-Power":2zegginj said:
Unusual....any quality headset should comfortably fit :? Just a heads up, dont forget to use the correct installation inserts for fitting a CK headset to protect the cups from being crushed. Sometimes if you fit a used headset that has been brutally fitted/removed with the wrong tools by the previous owner, they can be off spec. Had to send a few back off the bay.

I thought CK press adapters fitted against the cups to protect the bearings!?

Exactly but too often people dont have them and hammer or crush down on the tops of the cups as well as the bearings or knock out the cups with the wrong tools altering the fit for next time.

How have you measured the 0.5mm?

Things that might be useful would be:

Exact reference of the headset, measures of the ID of the frame steerer tube (top and bottom, and taken at different angles to get an idea if the steerer tube is distorted).

To me, it seems almost certain that you don't have the right headset for the frame. 0.5mm isn't "tolerances".

Re:

Frame should be 34.0 bore, with corresponding 34.0 cups, for the 1 1/8" system we expect.
Can you try the crown race on the forks- should all be 30.00? If this doesn't fit, it's simply not the right headset.

Or, get the measuring caliper out, and tell us which is 34.0, the headset cups or the bore. Whichever one "isn't" goes in the bin*.

*or is sold on to the next unsuspecting fool, for continued frustration....

Midlife":3gfmmw8m said:
Generally 30.2mm iso and jis. Being 1mm too big seems a bit odd?
jis on 1" is slightly smaller, 30.0 :facepalm:
But if that is a 1 1/8" frame, its like wrote above. 34.0 should be the right size. The coups are press fit. Don't try to mount those without a dedicated tool, like I usually do :facepalm:

Back