Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":379cuc9f said:
Can't believe I missed this one (or forgot about it).

Pride of place on the living room wall- when not being used.

MF%20in%20London.jpg

Nice! If you ever sell, that would fit right in with me for more relaxed riding.

Carl.

Re:

So fast forward a few months since my last post, and the Courier rebuild is complete. Having two young kids I've focussed on getting it finished for the summer instead of documenting every single step. I'm pleasantly surprised with how it turned out, it actually works really well. The BB came up like new and spins forever. The front hub just got stripped down and rebuilt with new bearings. The rear hub was much more challenging. I wanted to use a Followme tandem with it, but the adapters only come in M10 and M12 axle diameters. The Sansin hub had an 9.5mm X 26tpi axle so necessitated change. I rebuilt it with an M10 wheels axle, cones, G10 bearings, and an amalgamation of spacers and seals to get it centred and working ok. Both wheels got rebuilt with DT stainless spokes.
Most of the time was spent polishing all the alloy components and cleaning up the frame. I used a lot of T-cut on the frame to get the rust stains out. All open rust spots were treated with a rust convertor. The whole thing was the heavily waxed to preserve it. As I think I originally said it was never supposed to be a full restoration as I wanted to preserve the patina and character.
The build has come together quite nicely. I still have a few things to do, get some fenders for it, a front rack bag etc. It has been great so far what what I originally wanted it for, that is pulling the 3yr old around.

Re:

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,120
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,120
  • IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,120
Re:

Reconstruction of my 1991 Muddy Fox – Courier Mega.

This MTB was an essential part of my youth in the early 90s.
It was recently rebuilt by many original parts I bought during a long time painstakingly from several providers.

The black box in the middle of the frame is a holder for a children’s seat therefore not original, but indispensable to do some rides with my 2y young son on this fantastic bike. In the 90s I had Panaracer tires on it with skincolored flanks and rude profile. For now I decided not to do so for the simple reason that this could be a bit uncomfortable for my small son. Furthermore I am not that often anymore out of the way with this bike.

A perfect fellow in an ageless appearance!

Attachments

• MF_CM1.jpg
    MF_CM1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,058
Re:

Some more Pics...

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,055
Re:

:cool: :cool: :cool: At last 26 years later i have a MF and it came from the same branch of Evens.

Attachments

• Muddy Fox.jpg
    Muddy Fox.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 1,019
one i had BITD. MA40 rims. MK1 Rockshox, first flite. Remember the Mountain bike club UK? Decal on the down tube. Bullseye hubs etc

Attachments

• My MuddyFox Allu 1990.jpg
    My MuddyFox Allu 1990.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 964
Re:

Love the Explorer chap. It's in a sensible size too.

That Aluminium Pro is something special though. :cool:

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":20p32yqx said:
Love the Explorer chap. It's in a sensible size too.

That Aluminium Pro is something special though. :cool:

I look at the two and see the change in me. The Explorer i bought and rode and made no upgrades.But by 90/91 all the newest kit was going on and in the case of some coming off. If i hadn't had the Explorer stolen would i have fitted a flite, spd's etc to it?

Back