Kona Frame Identification Help please

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
I have just bought this Bike and would like help identifying which model please. Serial Number Starts T90**... It has a tapered top tube. Seat tube tapers from both ends to the middle. 1" Steerer.

Indentation to Drive Side Chainstay:

Rear Brake Guide was there:

It doesn't look like a Kona to me. The top tube usually isn't dropped below the seatstays. Early ones had a pipe for the rear brake cable routing, not a canti bridge. Later ones had the infamous dog collar.

My guess is Univega...which will be nice to ride and is desperately un-appreciated as a brand.

Re:

Could be, looks like someone has removed the tube for the rear brake cable, but not done a very tidy job of it.

Re: Re:

xerxes":yx5zanu2 said:
Could be, looks like someone has removed the tube for the rear brake cable, but not done a very tidy job of it.

I think that's what the photo shows. I also think they replaced the recalled Track 2's with the Pace RC30's

Re:

Got any better pics of the drop outs, etc?

To be honest, if that's a Kona I'll eat my hat. I've a 91 Explosif, it looks nothing like that, sorry. To my knowledge, they never had that canti bridge thing going on between the seat stays.....

It wouldn't surprise me if it was something like a Dawes or Peugeot but what ever it is it gives the impression it's a heavy frame ..

Back