Yellow Olmo 56cm

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sold for £165.

I kept an eye on this as it was within a reasonable distance for collection but came to my senses and realised that I didn't need another bike; I thought about making an offer as I didn't think it would reach the £100 initial asking price and it may not sell at all.

It has an ok frame (nice enough but not top of the range, nor Columbus's best tubes), a few decent parts (the Campag downtube shifters and the Cinelli bar and stem attracted me the most), the rear and front derailleur are fine (can't see if front is Campag) but a non-Campag chainset and cassette. The brakes are only single-pivot, saddle is a bit battered, the wheels don't suit the bike (has to look right, obviously...).

As I wrote, the final price surprised me as there are a good few complete bikes on here (Retrobike, that is) that I'd consider a lot better value but they often struggle to sell. Perhaps it was auction-fever that pushed up the price or maybe it is worth £165 - it obviously is to someone.

Sold for £165.

I kept an eye on this as it was within a reasonable distance for collection but came to my senses and realised that I didn't need another bike; I thought about making an offer as I didn't think it would reach the £100 initial asking price and it may not sell at all.

It has an ok frame (nice enough but not top of the range, nor Columbus's best tubes), a few decent parts (the Campag downtube shifters and the Cinelli bar and stem attracted me the most), the rear and front derailleur are fine (can't see if front is Campag) but a non-Campag chainset and cassette. The brakes are only single-pivot, saddle is a bit battered, the wheels don't suit the bike (has to look right, obviously...).

As I wrote, the final price surprised me as there are a good few complete bikes on here (Retrobike, that is) that I'd consider a lot better value but they often struggle to sell. Perhaps it was auction-fever that pushed up the price or maybe it is worth £165 - it obviously is to someone.

Went for more than i expected. Didn't know there was an oversize version of Aelle.

Back