WTD: Aheadset complete upper assembly

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm Looking for half a headset!

Basically the complete top section is what I need, I'm trying to rebuild a cargo bike on the cheap and avoid splurging on a complete headset.

Ideally I want a sealed cartridge bearing, no ball bearings on this one. Something like Tange Seiki (to match the lower half!), FSA or Cane Creek would be ideal I think. I've various top caps so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anything out there?

I found an FSA the other day while rummaging, i will try to find it out again, only thing is im sure it didnt have any bearings in it, so dont get your hopes up, but will check anyway

mk one":1shnvsk3 said:
I found an FSA the other day while rummaging, i will try to find it out again, only thing is im sure it didnt have any bearings in it, so dont get your hopes up, but will check anyway

Great, thanks Mark :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed. In case anybody is curious this is the beast in question - currently the top half of the headset is all loose as the wrong size bearing and race cover is fitted. I spent most of yesterday hammering away, drifting new bearings in and out of the wheels :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 529
Sorry, unfortunately it is the bottom cup :(

Love that bike though :cool:

Got the top end of a Nukeproof. Say £10 posted?

50276921728_30ec7cefc9_b.jpg

Re:

Got this off a bike i'm stripping.
Yours for postage and a bottle of non alcoholic ginger ale :LOL:

Attachments

• 20200911_194148.jpg
    20200911_194148.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 437
Back