Wolber AT 18 Rims

They were original equipment on my 1990 Saracen Kili Flier Comp and were matched with XT II hubs. Black anodised and were the best wheels I ever had.

I love them, four of my early 90’s Clauds have them. They were only on the top of the range models.

I think a lot was down to the build. Just a couple of years ago, I found a Moulton on the kerb waiting for the scrap men. I grabbed it and got it back into use. My mum still rides it. The rear wheel was rusted beyond help so I had a go at building a new wheel. I ended up sourcing spokes for the 16" rims from an old chap in Bilston. We got talking and he reckoned he built the wheels for my bike. He did all the high end Saracen stuff back then. I must say he did a very good job.
OK, I weighed a lot less back then but, those wheels took some use/abuse. Racing, riding down steps, touring and endless riding. They stayed pretty true and even if they did go out of true, they were easy to get back.

I really liked them.

I had a pair built onto XT hubs back in the early-90s. As wheelset they were okay but it was a right pain in the a**e trying to get a tyre off to fix a puncture. When I had the wheels rebuilt in the mid-90s with Campag Stenho (?) rims the difference was like night and day. I went from breaking tyre levers to roll tyres on and off by hand.

Back