Willi Moore 531c/Record racer/tourer

1988_Ben

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm not sure what to do with my Willi Moore. I need to let it go, or at least most of the parts that is.

I'm concerned that you get very little for selling 2nd hand bikes, and get more for selling the parts separately.

But having spent a lot of time building it into a really nice bike that very usable (I commuted on it for a year and it was great) I'm reluctant to split it.

Thing is, it's a tad too big for me, and due to the arrival of other bikes, it has sat unused since last winter.

It's 531c throughout with Campag Record shifters/levers, cassette (13-26), seatpost, headset, chainset (172.5 - 52x39) & FD (not all same generation). Brakes are Mafac Racer. Wheels are Mavic Aksium (the Campag freehub takes 8 spd Exa-Drive cassettes). Token chrome track stem and FSA compact bars are mounted to quill/aheadset convertor. So it's a nice mixture of old and new.

Frame has 57.5cm c-to-c top tube and and a 59cm c-to-c seat tube. It's the original paint (~30 years old) with a few paint chips, but no damage or rust. I'm fairly sure it's got Prugnat S/4 lugs. Dropouts are Campagnolo. This frame was very likely a one-off for a customer. Very little is know about the manufacturer. I can dig out some info if anyone's interested.

It's got all the braze-on fittings to be used for touring, but it's got a racing pedigree, if that makes sense.

I'd take £475 for it (without pedals)

i-R6ZCkvs.jpg

Back