Why did V brakes move to threaded blocks ? whats the advantage ? I prefer post style

Mangizmo

Raleigh Fan
For me, post style unthreaded blocks are far better, they give you another way to adjust the blocks instead of messing with fiddly washers, whats more a set of post style V brakes can be found for about £7.00, what was the reason for moving to threaded blocks? blocks.jpg

they were always threaded, only the cheapies were not and for some reason the STX-RC model

even the pre-shimano Marinovative were bolt on

9001062.jpg
decelerators-jpg.4590

For me, post style unthreaded blocks are far better, they give you another way to adjust the blocks instead of messing with fiddly washers, whats more a set of post style V brakes can be found for about £7.00, what was the reason for moving to threaded blocks?View attachment 722213

they were always threaded, only the cheapies were not and for some reason the STX-RC model

even the pre-shimano Marinovative were bolt on

9001062.jpg
decelerators-jpg.4590
Ahhh ok I didnt realise that, I can only see disadvantages with threaded blocks, I have always used posts, and they work the same but are easier to adjust IMO

The post versions would push through eventually, threaded ones can't do that as they are a fixed length defined by spacers and held captive by the bolt. They can still move and get out of alignment of course, but they don't push through the holding bolts and require more cable pull out worse, no brakes as a result.

The post versions would push through eventually, threaded ones can't do that as they are a fixed length defined by spacers and held captive by the bolt. They can still move and get out of alignment of course, but they don't push through the holding bolts and require more cable pull out worse, no brakes as a result.
Ahhh, not a problem I have ever had but yes I can see that is possible

Back