Which bb, used hope or new ztto?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Lining up the parts for my next build, have a choice of ht2 bb. Cosmetically not perfect but smooth red stainless hope, or new ztto ceramic in black.

Cranks are xt m8000.

Bike will hopefully be used as a commuter, but longer rides home via local trails.

Re:

Not much else red on the bike, rebound adjuster in the fork lower is about it. Refrained does have some orange in the scheme and is predominantly grey.

My brain says hope, it is smooth, decent and despite a few scuffs, pretty good. Plus I have some spare hope bearings I bought for another hope bb but haven't used them.

Black would probably fit better with the colour scheme, and the bearings are allegedly ceramic.

This will be a build of firsts for me:

1x11
Oval chain ring
Reverb
3.0 tyres
Tubeless
720mm risers

Maybe I should add ceramic bearings to the list?

Re:

That's interesting. So basically anything that's aimed at being higher end wears much faster and not as forgiving as basic steel bearings.

Don't listen to hambini, aside from the profanities he thinks anything not engineered to aerospace tolerances is junk. He is wrong, these are push bikes not space rockets.

Hope if it's hardly used and nice and smooth.

Otherwise get a Shimano Deore. Cheapo ones don't last.

Re:

I have both already but think I'll go hope. Trying not to make this too nice so I actually ride it rather than worry about it.

The build cost has been relatively low when compared to the spec I'm achieving.

Will save the ztto for another day.

Back