Whats it worth? Specialized Stumpjumper FS

RickTheUncivil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A mate has asked me what this might be reasonably worth:
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik ... 16184.html

He is of the view that the asking price is a bit high, I tend to agree, but I'd value your advice.

from the ad:
1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS: a fairly high end bike in it's time.
Ridden very little in the last ten years. "FS" stands for "Future Shock" made by Rock Shock. The stanchion tubes were under-engineered and so they tended to ovalize and leak. Their repair kit never worked so the bike has a Trek DDS-3 shock. Fine for lighter trails or would make a great heavy duty commuter or touring rig. It weighs about 28 pounds on my bathroom scale.

Frame: 16" seat tube, the measurement along the seat tube from pedal axle at the bottom of the stroke to the top of the seat is 33 3/4" as shown in the pictures. There is still 4" of seat post in the frame so the seat can be raised a bit more.
Frame material: Specialized Direct Drive Tange CrMo
Headset: XTR 1-1/8"
Brake/Shifters: Deore XT 8 speed
Cantilever brakes: Deore XT with Kool Stop pads
Front Derailleur: Deore LX 3-speed
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX 8-speed
Seat Post: Deore XT, Saddle: Origin 8
Hubs: Paralax 100
Tires: Specialized Cannibal
Rims: Front is ARAYA RM-17, Rear is Mavic 221-UB

Cheers!

Re:

Bit of a mash up that one, and quite a small size.
As is I'd say $150-$200.
Splitting would possibly generate a little more (not a lot) but would take time to shift all the parts - and some may not find new homes at all.

cheers. Hes looking for a rider, but obviously doesn't want to pay over the odds.
My initial response to him was pretty much what you just said - its a bit rough, not that special, get haggling

Latest posts

Back