What model/year are these Hope hubs please?

mark3823

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of what model these Hope hubs are, and also what year?

Cheers

Mark

Attachments

• Rear Azonic rim.jpg
    Rear Azonic rim.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,762
  • Rear Hope hub.jpg
    Rear Hope hub.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,761
  • Front Hope hub.jpg
    Front Hope hub.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,761
  • Hope Azonic wheels.jpg
    Hope Azonic wheels.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,762
They look to be two slightly different ages. The rear is an original Ti-Glide shown by the smooth driveside flange (later ones had a wave in them) and the fact that the bearing is exposed on the non driveside (later ones had shields like on the front hub). Probably 96-97?
The front looks to be a lightweight (they came in three forms: Lightweight/Ultralight, Standard and Suspension/Fatso), but it looks to be later than the rear due to the shields on the bearings. 97-98? I would look to the rims to be the judge of when the wheels were built as they are from late nineties also - unfortunately I am not too versed with late nineties as its a bit too late for me!

boxxer":22u66qfn said:
Rear is a ti-glide

Front looks like a lightweight

As for year anywhere from 92 onwards

Weren't Ti-Glides from 95 on? The screw-on was 92/3

Yup, sorry the 92's were the solid big flanges

I got my first ti glide in 95 on my C16r but I thought they had been out in cassette form before then

I thought that was how I remembered it - big, solid hub, tandem disc thing first, then the screw on ti bodied number, then the ti glide

pete_mcc":3920oiql said:
Weren't Ti-Glides from 95 on? The screw-on was 92/3

No. I moved to Denmark in late 94 and plenty of people were using them at races in the UK that summer. IIRC Ti-glides came out in 93.

I bought a screw-on hub together with my Dave Yates frame at Neil Waltons (who'sjust retired from managing another bike shop), which would have been late 92 and it was one of the first. The ti-glide came very soon after that.

I got my Ti-glide in mid-late 94 and it had open dustcap on NDS. The one pictured with original decals and closed dustcap on NDS is late 94 which is round the time I moved to Denmark - I distinctly remember seeing them for the first time in the window of Fabin Sport in Roskilde.

I've got these on my 1994 (probably 1995 model year) Orange P7. No reason to believe they were not fitted from new.

Attachments

• Orange P7 003.jpg
    Orange P7 003.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,664
  • Orange P7 004.jpg
    Orange P7 004.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,664
Just had a closer look at mine and the front doesn't have bearing shields so looks like yours is later as suggested.

Back