What have I got?

Endorphin

Retro Newbie
Is this a 'RetroBike'?

Sometime ~'04-06 a friend at work found me this bike. I think I paid about £300-400 for it - I remember it being a lot of money at the time. It came to me with full LX some RockShox forks, Avid V-Brakes. Around '05-06 same guy found the Fox forks. I rode it a lot though my 20's and slowly replacing parts as and when required. Added two new MAVIC rims on Hope Hubs, front disc conversion & XTR shifter. Last thing I did was add the new stem and bars until around '10. Last used on a turbo trainer.

I know it's an Endorphin with an original saddle. I know the Scott rep at my local shop liked it.

qkWJ3Uc.jpg

IwcNfeu.jpg

v08w9uR.jpg

ah0pPXs.jpg

TiMAABB.jpg

feoXCef.jpg

7J6gllV.jpg

8mWnxTq.jpg

IYnpgSL.jpg

0OWAXRA.jpg

RaBdZL7.jpg

What's it worth, keep or throw away?

EDIT: I rode this on a set of DX-636's pedals

Last edited:
Obviously don't throw away! bet you've binned all the old bits haven't you?
Still very cool, what are your plans for it?

Wow, this is maybe a very expensive (~8500 german Mark back in time) Endorphin model called "pro racing world cup" from 1999.
But this came with full XTR, not Avids an LX.
20220520_121324.jpg
Maybe it was just a custom build on basis of the world cup frame from Scott?
Can you confirm this? Have replaced a blue Rockshox Sid form 99? Also the fork would be in usable conditions also still something worth BTW.

I would say this is a keeper, but never have ridden an Endorphin. Others said it's pretty flexy.

Last edited:
I don't remember what forks where on it but they where not blue. I think they where Red to White. I'm going over to my parents this weekend so will look in the garage for what parts I might still have.

Personally I never found it to be that flexible, at least not in a bad way, and kinda miss the compliance it gave.

Doing some more digging last night I came across this:
page5image3812909312

I'm thinking my bike is an Pro W/C frame with Elite specifications given the saddle, LX and Avids where standard on the Elite spec. I assume the original owner wanted the yellow frame with the XTR/SID groupset. Either way £300 in early 00's was a bargin!

What do you think about converting this to a 1x setup? I think it would look cool with a dropper post and rear disk conversion.

... I'm thinking my bike is an Pro W/C frame with Elite specifications
yes, indeed, not sure if this was sold ever in that way...
What do you think about converting this to a 1x setup? I think it would look cool with a dropper post and rear disk conversion.
1xX is something which also makes often sense to me, not sure yet on rear disc conversion.
Technically are most adapters rubish and just lead to issues/frustration, optically i think the unused canti bosses may look a bit odd, and last but not least, for a more of daily-rider or bike less for Mountain biking but more for urban conditions, V-brakes do the job well.

Latest posts

Back