Wanted Wanted 6 speed screw on freewheel, Italian /British threading

Fifthgrace

Retro Guru
Wanted 6 speed freewheel, Italian /British threading, ideally ratio in the region of 12/13- 21/23 in VGC

Last edited:
I have 7spd English thread:
Unused boxed SunTour winner 12-24 compact 7.£30
Regina 92 unused,still in tin can 13-26 £40 (have 2 of these).
Located in BB27AR

I've got a Maillard 700 Compact 7 speed 13-14-15-16-17-18-21 in what I'd call fair to good condition. The 15 &17 sprockets are slightly worn with the 16 having been turned at some point. There's a minor burr on the edge of one of the remover slots. £15 inc. postage.
Can send you more detailed pictures if you're interested.

I have a Sachs 7 speed which can be set up as 13-23 or 13-21. In good condition, £25 inc postage.

Thanks to all who have posted. Having looked at my current set-up in more detail (its a replacement wheel set-up) I've decided to only look for a 6 speed in the ratio 12/13-21/23 and edited the ad accordingly- so still looking for one of these in very good condition/NOS.

Thanks to all who have posted. Having looked at my current set-up in more detail (its a replacement wheel set-up) I've decided to only look for a 6 speed in the ratio 12/13-21/23 and edited the ad accordingly- so still looking for one of these in very good condition/NOS.
Got the following, all in good condition:

Maillard Course 13-20
Regina America 12-23 (12-13-14-15-18-23)
Shimano MF-Z012 13-24

The Regina is the only one strictly in your requested range, but the ratios are a bit unusual -- I think I rebuilt a straight-through block with two "bail out" sprockets when I moved from Cambridge to Sheffield years ago... It has hardly ever been used (some sprockets never). I might still have a spare 21 sprocket that would make it a bit more conventional.
The Maillard is from 1979, and is yellowy-gold (not quite as gold as a Regina Oro). Small burr on the edge of one removal slot, but not a functional problem.
The Shimano is from 1991, with Uniglide profile teeth.
Both the Maillard and Shimano have some use, but the teeth look fine.

Let me know if you might be intersted in any, and I can get some pictures.
Nick

Latest posts

Back