Vittoria Tubular Tyres

Glug

Devout Dirtbag
Morning Folks,
I discovered tubular tyres 3 years back when I bought a 1982 Holdsworth Avanti with Mavic Monthlery Route rims on it.
Tried some very cheap Tufo S3 and they were horrible, then tried Vittoria Rubino and I loved them.

So I've been using Vittoria Rubino 28mm for the last 3 years - butyl tubes and removable cores. But only available in black.
So of course Vittoria stopped making them last year - I got a pair from BikeInn in August so I'm ok for a while.

But I thought about trying some latex tubes, and Vittoria Corsa Control gets a lot of love, also they come in para/black.
Now it turns out Vittoria is stopping making them too :(

But I (probably) got the last pair of 28mm from Condor Cycles :) - arriving this morning.

So if you want some Corsa Control tubulars you probably want to get them soon:
Condor Cycles: £60 - 25mm only
BikeInn: £50 to £60 - 25, 28, 30

According to the Vittoria web site this is the current range:
Corsa Pro - latex
Corsa Speed - latex
Rally - butyl

Tubs getting scarce unless you want track tubs, as the next fad is horrid tubeless tyres & the dangerous hookless tyres.. which are getting fatter 🤦‍♂️ But thats the way the industry is going sadly… so stock up while you can then..

I really like my veloflex pave tubs! Schwalbe used to make some good ones too, not sure if they still do

Looks like the Veloflex range is now
ProTour: 23, 25, 28
ProTour race: 23, 25
Record (time trial): 23, 25

Looks like the Veloflex range is now
ProTour: 23, 25, 28
ProTour race: 23, 25
Record (time trial): 23, 25
Yep as I’ve still got a couple of the 20mm wide Veloflex Records which fit a Ghibli nicely

Last edited:
Veloflex make lovely tubulars. My favourite was the Vlaanderen which I think was a 28mm wide tub. I have a pair of NOS Sprinters on some Mavic 501/GL330 wheels, looking forward to riding them soon on a project Vitus 979 I am putting together.

Back