Vintage Moulton Mini Bike

hookooekoo

Senior Retro Guru
Starting bid: £40

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What was the point of these things?
I mean you'll be going over the bars when you hit the first pot hole...

I guess they probably appeal to metropolitan types who mostly ride on well maintained roads with lots of street lights. Probably similar to the Brompton demographic.

Small wheels accelerates faster, takes up less space, stronger etc... much more fun to ride IMHO. This one do not have the front suspension though. I am a bit partial, have 3 Moultons myself. Not that interested in the F-frames though.

I have to agree that smaller wheels are fun to ride. But some bikes seem to take it to the extreme.
I've been drooling over airnimals for a while, not that I need one or there's a size that will fit me well, but they have 24" wheels.

In any case, I'd rather ride a bigger wheel on a longer trip.

I commuted by bike for quite a few years, riding on a mixture of inner city and suburban roads. Main reason I didn't hit potholes is that I used the same route everyday, and memorised the locations where holes were developing.

Back