Viner super corsa seatpost dilemma

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
Ok, I tried a 27.2, too big. I tried a 26.4 it's too rattly. So I did the grown up thing and measured it, I think it's a 27.0mm. Do you know if from experience if this is the case. Next question is then does any one have one for sale?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 877
Definitely not 26.4 - If that is a 531 decal, then they are typically 27.2 but can be 27. There are so many variations. There are also inconsistencies in seat post size, it could be slightly under or oversized. The seat tube could be slightly non round.

Does the 27.2 simply not even go anywhere near fitting or does it go in but just really tight?

Looks like a 531 decal but as I mentioned I don't ever recall a viner in 531. Does it have stars cut out the lugs ?

Shaun

Re:

Yes it is 531. It has crosses in the lugs. From what I have found out the stars were on the higher end frames and crosses on the lower. It has campagnolo dropouts and the forks match other viners I have seen.

Right I took the seat clamp bolt out and showed it no mercy, 27.2 fits no problem. I think the collar was slightly nipped in.
Thanks for the help. I can start building and hopefully get out on it in the morning.

If it has crosses on lugs then a special corsa in 531? The uk imported frames from my era were the stellar (professional corsa) in Columbus and cost more than a 753 Raleigh. I would have sold a kidney for one in 1977.

Woull probably swap a kidney for one now :)

Shaun

Latest posts

Back