Wanted Various modern road parts inc disc wheels & groupset!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Modern, sorry, but... I'm putting a winter road/commuter/summer gravel bike together out of some parts/frame I have spare. Looking for a number of parts to finish it off now if I can get hold of the remaining bits cheap enough.

In order of priority:

A lighter set of wheels than the 1.85kg ones I have. Disc brake, QR compatible (100/135mm). I'll be using them with 30-35mm tyres, so something CX-ish I guess.

Drivetrain parts. Most now sorted, but still looking for a 10-speed 11-34 ideally XT level cassette, plus a chain.

SRAM Force or Red Road STIs
, 10 or 11 speed - now sorted!

A carbon drop bar, 42cm or so - now sorted!

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Hiya,
What's your budget for components? I have a full 1x SRAM set up for sale? Looking at £250 posted? Just needs rotors.

Attachments

• 20221027_101755.jpg
    20221027_101755.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Ah, this might have done the trick... only I'm on an MTB frame so the brakes need to IS mount compatible (from memory there's not an easy/cheap way to adapt flat mount to fit, but I'm willing to be corrected on that). Plus I've actually got a spare set of cable-actuated hydraulic calipers that I'm happy enough using, so cable brakes are probably going to be more straightforward for me I guess.

I've got a 105 50/34 no BB, not a huge amount of wear but some minor rubbing and a few marks, threads all good.
£49.45 posted recorded 2nd class
DSCF0114.JPG
DSCF0932.JPG
DSCF0933.JPG

Overdue an update, sorry! Thanks very much to those who have replied. That 105 cassette looks a bargain in particular but I was really looking for something a little lower geared for gravel use, and I've now managed to put together an XT crankset with a 32/48 configuration. I've sourced a few bits from here and elsewhere and will update the first post, all that's left is a 10-speed SLX/XT level 11-34 cassette, plus a chain.

The cassette needs to be 34t minimum unfortunately. But I've just bagged a bargain HG500 from CRC for £15, was hoping for a higher end model but can't complain with a brand new one at that price.

The current wheels I have are 1.85kg and they're ok, though I'd still like something a few hundred grams lighter if possible.

Back