V brake pads. What's hot. What's not

..lee..

Old School Hero
I'm back riding my '96 mount vision and I'm did new pads. Be really great full for some advise on good odd for the xt v brakes. ATM I'm riding in cold wet conditions but would be great full as to what works come summer too. Thanks in advance Lee

Stick a disc on the front...

Sorry but its the best way to go rather than grind away at the rims! Even cable operated ones work well at this time of year.

I know its of little use but thats what works best on my own Mt. Vision

Re:

I can't easily. I'm running pace RC 36 up front, brackets seem impossible to get and I also hear the carbon legs don't like it. In the rear I have the old style swing arm without mounts. Nice non disc wheels so it would be cheaper to sell and buy a newer bike really. I've been through this option in my head over and over.

Re:

Is that genuine shimano inserts or one if the aftermarket options. There seems to be a huge choice. Cheers Lee

Re:

Koolstop salmon/ black work well in all conditions.

Why not use a disc up front though?

legrandefromage":3uowhuis said:
Stick a disc on the front...

Sorry but its the best way to go rather than grind away at the rims! Even cable operated ones work well at this time of year.

I know its of little use but thats what works best on my own Mt. Vision

Exactly what I am building...BB7 up front, Marinovative at the rear, matching XTR levers. Job done

Koolstop Eagle claw.
Cheap and good.
Don't last long, but rather that than rims..... keeping them clean is critical for prolonging rim life.

Latest posts

Back