Unique Mystery Touring Frame ID Help Please

I'll sand a spot when i'm able and report back, although the paint job looks nice enough they probably went through the proper prep and would have stripped both the frame / fork prior to spraying.

Will probably strip and repaint it differently at some point anyways, especially if I can't figure it out what it is. Would just like to use the info to help inspire how to build it up.

I honestly don't have the space for another purple bike, as I already keep a 1985 Trek 560 in the stable and that's more than enough purple.

It’s definitely a nice frame. I guess all you can do is sand or scrape back a bit of the purple paint and see if there’s anything underneath. If there’s old paint underneath and it’s a different colour on the frame and fork, chances are they don’t belong together. If you do it somewhere you can’t see, you could touch it back up with metallic purple nail varnish.

I was able to sand back a portion of the paint and didn't hit a different color before finding primer / bare metal. That paint is actually quite hard, I was surprised. Doesn't necessarily discount the fork being a laater addition, but it does indicate it was fully prepped and sprayed at the same time as the frame.

Back