Undercover Dynaflite

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
It's had a rebranding but I'm confident there's a rarely seen SBDU Dynaflite frameset under that paint, so probably a nice buy if you're local or prepared to travel. Who knows when the next one will surface?.

Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Aende?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Certainly has the hallmarks of a Ilkeston dynaflite 753. Expensive as is though and poorly listed - seller doesn't even list its frame size.

Certainly has the hallmarks of a Ilkeston dynaflite 753. Expensive as is though and poorly listed - seller doesn't even list its frame size.

According to originalshinkickers SBDU website there may have only been 25 of these built, add to that the quality of the components and I'd have thought it was a bit of a bargain in the current retro-bike/bits climate?.

Who knows, but maybe the original owner worked at Raleigh and did indeed build it (as the ad states), they're selling out of Nottingham after all 🤔.

It'd be interesting to know if it has a frame number.

Matt

According to originalshinkickers SBDU website there may have only been 25 of these built, add to that the quality of the components and I'd have thought it was a bit of a bargain in the current retro-bike/bits climate?.

Who knows, but maybe the original owner worked at Raleigh and did indeed build it (as the ad states), they're selling out of Nottingham after all 🤔.

It'd be interesting to know if it has a frame number.

Matt

Only 25 ovaid-tubed/aero-profiled models were built? I didn't know that.

This bike looks 22½" - 23" in size. What's the Olympique rebranding link?

here's a link to originalshinkicker's SBDU website page on Dynaflites.

Can't help with the Olympic/Olympique branding, although it appears there was a shop called Olympic Cycles in Nottingham in the past.

Matt

Back