Two for sale: Falcon Voyager refurb and Caselli 600 Tri-col

mrmeat

Dirt Disciple
With a slightly heavy heart I offer two project bikes, one finished and one not quite. I looked in the shed this morning and there are 14 bikes in there, in various states of repair, and I only need one for the road, and one for the mountains...

White 1980s Falcon Voyager Touring bike refurb'ed with 1990s Campagnolo

I've owned this bike for thirty years and it's the only brand new bike I owned until I started work and buying my own bikes. It was originally a blue tourer with full length mudguards and a rear carrier, and I rode the South Downs Way on it and it was my primary mode of transport for many years.

It sat in the shed for years until I decided to refurbish it last year, so I started collecting Campagnolo parts and eventually built something that looks, in my opinion, pretty good!

Spec sheet
Frame: Falcon steel frame, stripped, spray primed and spray repainted by me (it's not brilliant - there are a few marks here and there unfortunately where the paint hasn't taken). The frame and bottom bracket are the only original parts left, everything else has been upgraded.

Frame size 23 inch.

Forks: Steel, not original to the bike (they were bent) again stripped, primed and sprayed grey.

Headset: Shimano 105 with spacers

Stem: Custom branded fairly long reach - 150mm total length end to end

Bars: Specialized 44 (cm wide)

Shifters: Campagnolo Mirage 9 speed brifters

Brakes: Campagnolo Veloce front and rear (technically some of the front brake is from a Chorus brake as it has a slightly different finish, but both outer calipers are Veloce)

Bottom Bracket: Re-greased original to the bike (not cartridge) 'cos it works fine

Chainset: Campagnolo Daytona with Campagnolo rings 53/39

Front Mech: Campagnolo Veloce

Rear Mech: Campagnolo Veloce 9 speed on a steel hanger

Wheels: Mavic CXP21 rims on Campag hubs. Continental Gatorskin 25mm tyres. Rear cassette is Campagnolo pattern but I don't know what brand it is. There is some oxidisation of the sprockets. The sharp eyed among you will see the front in the photos is an Open 4 on a mavic hub but there will be a pair of CXP21s included with this bike.

Chain: Brand new KMC with 'missing link'

Saddle: Brooks B17 black

It's not all perfect but it's quite nice to look at, and makes a nice click from the rear cassette.

Photos

Bu9Aitq.jpg

Jrqz3Hu.jpg

KdDI2gM.jpg

mgTKH43.jpg

E2SiYP4.jpg

yzcbcqT.jpg

wUuY0dY.jpg

The price represents less than the sum of the parts purchased and I'm looking for £230.

Second bike for sale is a steel framed Caselli road bike

This was purchased from this forum as I had the brilliant idea that I'd use up some of the spare parts I'd collected and the plan was to use full Shimano 600 tri-colour on this smart frame. It's 90% there are just needs a chain and some bar tape, but I'm out of enthusiasm and would benefit from raising funds towards a newer mountain bike.

Spec Sheet
Frame: Believed to be Columbus tubing, painted in yellow with red and blue rear stays. The paint is in very good condition.

Forks: Chromed, again in good condition with a small amount of oxidisation

Headset: Stronglight

Stem: Cinelli short reach (110mm end to end)

Bars: Cinelli Giro d'Italia narrow (39cm) with a fairly scraped right hand shim

Brake levers: Shimano 105

Brakes: Shimano 600 Tri-colour

Chainset: Shimano 600 Tri-colour

Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra braze-on

Rear Mech: Shimano 600 Tri-colour

Shifters: Dura-Ace downtube braze-on

Wheels: Modern I'm afraid, these are on Mavic A119 touring rims with Deore hubs. The pictures show Schwalbe Marathon Plus 28s but these are too wide for the frame so it will need 25mm or narrower tyres.

Saddle: San Marco (looks great on this bike!)

Photos

KVxHhxD.jpg

OVf0yOK.jpg

yHt8yYg.jpg

SNJKQ50.jpg

H7pCOXm.jpg

ZY8IZhE.jpg

GHTdliA.jpg

CBd7VmH.jpg

R54bWEY.jpg

Requires bar tape and a chain to finish, plus some 25mm tryes.

I'm also looking for £230 for this one.

I'm in Somerset, England. Collection would be easier, or I can deliver within a reasonable distance, or post internationally, but let's discuss these options if you're interested.

Cheers for reading this far.

M

Hi Mark,
I'm about 8 miles west of Taunton. The Caselli is about a 23 inch frame, so 58cm give or take.

Cheers
M

Back