TVT Carbone 92 Dura Ace 7400/7402/7403

Doubledee

rBotM Winner
Continuing my theme of building bikes that I couldn't afford when I was racing, here's another, a TVT 92 Carbone. This was always on my list being a LeMondite (not a Perico fan though...probenicid) I had it in my mind that these frames cost £1000 back in 1989, talking to Will from Wills Wheels they were £1700 jeez! Things that make these frames stand out from that era are the forks, a one piece carbon fork, crown and steerer with a titanium steerer tube slotted over and pinned in place, the rear wishbone was one piece carbon with a small metal insert for the brake, and the carbon seatpost, nobody did all this in the 80's.

The frame came from a guy in Croatia and came with the matching lacquered carbon seatpost in the condition you see now, just a spot of autosol to polish the lugs. The rest came from friends and the callipers, chainset, headset from the web for ok prices. Wheels are Mavic Mach2 CD on Dura ace, full dura ace group but its a bit of a mix, that said there was a lot of overlap at that time in the parts as people switched to dual pivots and then STI's. The headset is the cartridge bearing one 7410 (NOS), brakes 7403 callipers 7402 levers, chainset 7402, 8 speed SIS levers, and 7400 front and rear mechs. Cinelli 66/42 with a 1A stem and a new flite titanium saddle. I would have loved a pair of time titan mags but got a good set of time equipe mags. Its the perfect size for me, underlined by the fact that the lacquer stops just a the point where the post enters the frame in the pictures. Super quiet and it just works.

I'll get out for a ride when its dry, in the meantime Im off to build an old Coyote ultralight aluminium frame with look carbon forks with mavic mektroninc and chorus etc to use up my spare parts

Cheers Darren

Attachments

• TVT Carbone pedals & shoes.jpg
    TVT Carbone pedals & shoes.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,368
  • TVT seatpost.jpg
    TVT seatpost.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,369
  • TVT rear saddle brake.jpg
    TVT rear saddle brake.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,366
  • TVT BB pedal.jpg
    TVT BB pedal.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,364
  • TVT transmission.jpg
    TVT transmission.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • TVT chainset front mech.jpg
    TVT chainset front mech.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,364
  • TVT front.jpg
    TVT front.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • TVT full side.jpg
    TVT full side.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,367
Cracking bike! I wouldn't mind building one of these myself one day... I think that's rBotM material you have there

Re:

There is also a high chance that I'll soon have a flite full Carbon fibre topped saddle for it if my friend can find it in his shed fingers crossed

Back