Trek 8000 ProGram Easton EA60

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
I assume it's a 96 going by the frame number, but I know very little about Treks and even less about aluminium frames.

Bought this on a whim for £50 simply because I've never had an aluminium mtb and my ultimate unicorn is an aluminium framed bike, so I thought it was about time to at least meet the material.

Any info would be much appreciated, either about this bike specifically or about aluminium in general, how best to care for it, what to look out for etc. I was hoping to keep the aluminium raw and unpainted, is that wise?

trek 8000 a.JPG trek 8000 b.JPG

Looking to get this frame prepped for painting, any tricks when it comes to painting aluminium or anything to avoid?
There's a tiny dink in the top tube which I'd like to fill, basically going to use this as a practise frame before I tackle a couple of nicer projects.

Also the assumption it's a 96 is incorrect as the dropouts have their own serial numbers, the frame number is pretty much impossible to read under the BB.
P4030046.JPG

Last edited:
I have one of these frames that I was given .... An 8000zx bonded program eastern.
Been trying to decide whether or not I'm actually going to do anything with it😬

Back