track iron 23"SOLD AND PAID IN FULL THANK YOU

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
I put this together last year with the idea of going on to fixed for winter.Maybe its my age but I really cant think why I would do this.Am just the wrong side of seventy and have cat 1 climbs to get to my main riding area. In the name of sanity it has to go.It has been up and down our back road a couple of times and that is it.The frame is a raleigh DL175 built in worksop in May 1975. Frame number
WG5003926.It came with a cast alloy road fork so I tracked down a factory drilled nos chrome fork very similar to the one it would have had ex works.The equipment is mostly not original.Cinelli 110 cm stem with cinelli 44 cm outside to outside bars.Shimano 105 brake fitted.Fiamme sprint rims on normandy large flange hubs with black spokes( yes I know but they look well ).Tubs are new vittoria rally and have done around two miles. Chainset is an SR super custom with mks Sylvan pedals and MKS clips with leather straps.There is some stretching to the seat lug but it holds well with no problem. Paintwork is new and unmarked. Chrome is all good with no rust. it is running a 48 t chainwheel with a 22 t sprocket but there are 40 and 52 tooth chainrings and a 14t/16t/17t/2x19t and 2x20t fixed cogs with it. The frame is 23" c to top with a 22" c to c top tube. There has been a heck of a lot of time gone into this and someone is going to get a nice bike( and with luck I will avoid the undertaker )So there it is.I am looking for £280.00 collected or post at cost( under £20.)

Attachments

• track right.JPG
    track right.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • track  left.JPG
    track left.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • track  front.JPG
    track front.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 1,004
Re: track iron 23"( raleigh based plus bits )

Very Very nice. I have the Carlton version of this in a rather poorer state. GLWS

Re:

Hi
Sorry there is no drilling for a caliper. If its of real interest I could do some measuring to see if the drop would work . The tube seems fairly substantial. It was built as an out and out track iron. This also has the CC cut out in the bottom bracket for carlton cycles. I have used a cartridge bottom bracket and filled the CCs with silicone mastic as I intended to use this in winter and did not want the salty water getting in to the tubes.To be honest part of me does not want to sell this but I am only going to be able to use it going up and down the valley. Time to be realistic. No longer 20 and all that
peter

Re: track iron 23"( raleigh based plus bits )

Sorry folks but two people have asked to buy it so I have accepted the one who asked first so sold subject to payment.Sad but thank you all
Peter
NOW PAID IN FULL. THANKS JOHN

Back