Toxik Harald's Annual Bike Show 2015

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
greetings everyone in retrobike land. it's that time of year again. time to drag out and dust off the vrc classics and shine them up.
this is the start of the count down to toxik harald's annual bike show and shine. better known as the Spring Nationals.
we on the west coast were bypassed by winter this year. which somehow has made spring seem to get here quicker.

it has been an interesting year with respects to collecting. numerous beauties have come to light. brodies, rockys and ritcheys
come to mind. also some projects have been completed. several by myself. a few of which I haven't posted here to
keep `under wraps' for the show.

the date has now been finalized. sunday may 17, 2015 is the date to clear your calendar for. two weeks later than usual.
there were some issues, but we won't get into that. hopefully it will be in our favour. weather sucked last year. maybe being a bit
later we will be more fortunate. if not, we will have same provisions in place this year. the show must go on.

the show has I my opinion gotten better each year. calibre of bikes in attendance has gotten better. quantity is slow in expanding though.
I'd like for people to bring as many old bikes as they can. just because it's a `bike show' doesn't mean your ride has to be
a show bike. all those vintage daily riders are what bring back the memories. we want to see them all. come out in force gang.
if you want to enter your bike to be judged then cost is $5 per, otherwise it's an all free event.

as in past years we showcase one local builder. this year we are putting Dekerf in the limelight. chris has had his finger in many pies.
his contributions under his own name, his work with Rocky Mountain, Offroad Toad and Rek Tek. we are hoping to attract a
representation of it all. if you have any of the above help us out and bring it down. tell you what, if you bring a Dekerf related
bike there is a free beer in it for you. just come find me and tell me who you are. ;)

as usual I will be receiving much needed help from a few key players, jimbotoad, roc6839, vintageman, BC and rismtb.
I will be taking pictures as usual. never the best at it. this year we will have a pro in our midst.
possibly BC can coaxed into being the designated event camera man.

something else which has expanded this past year is the west coast local retrobike community here on retrobike.co.uk
I'm not even going to try and give a personal invite to all of you as I have tried in the past. I know I'll forget someone. let's have you
chime in here that you've read this and let us know if you might be there. and as usual our brothers to the south
maybe this will be the year. I already spoke with gearlessinseattle at seattle swap meet and know he won't be available.
ductape will we see you this time? shock us with those exceptional rides of yours.

also as in past years we have tried to assemble a panel of celebrity judges. this year will be no different. paul brodie
has been a regular. hope that won't change. harald has said that chris dekerf may be coaxed into coming as well.
we are still working on this area. but haven't disappointed in previous years.

hoping everyone will make this event a good one and participate. you don't have to stay all day. drop by with or with out a bike even. just come.
see you there
roy

Attachments

• 2015poster.jpg
    2015poster.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,074
Re:

put those final touches on your rides.
last week till the show.
long range forecast is for decent weather too.
got my line up picked for the show, except for the last slot.
might have to flip a coin.
who's bringing a dekerf? I need to know how much beer to get. :D

Re:

hi all
it's show time!!!!! :D
this is your last reminder. tomorrow is the day.
weather looks like it will be co-operating.
and it is a for sure chris will be in attendance. :cool:
see you there.

Re:

show went really well thank you. watch the dekerf thread above for pictures.
I enlisted the help of BC as event photographer, am waiting on him to post pictures.
soon I hope. :LOL:

Back