Too Good To Scrap/Bin??

Martini-night

Dirt Disciple
Hello,i was looking online for a new pair of them old shifters Shimano ST-M050/20 Tottal integration..
Then I've seen this Bike for sale for 20£.. i bought the entire bike just to remove the shifters and crankset and bin the rest of the bike..reason is i dont have more space for more bikes..
But this bike lools like its something out of the ordinary?
Its a 90/91 Saracem eiger full shimano LX. Everything is shimano LX even the pedals..
Does anyone got some info on this model as i couldn't find anything online?? Screenshot_20231004_082529_Facebook.jpg

Yes - this is too good to scrap or bin. Assuming there is no serious rust, a few hours work could have a great little bike. Certainly a bargain at £20. Wouldn’t doubt that you could easily sell at a tidy profit after a clean / service, if you were that way inclined.

Yes - this is too good to scrap or bin. Assuming there is no serious rust, a few hours work could have a great little bike. Certainly a bargain at £20. Wouldn’t doubt that you could easily sell at a tidy profit after a clean / service, if you were that way inclined.
Do you think it worth more stipped on parts? ;
All retro LX;crankset, derailleurs,hubs on black wolber rims,pedals,cantilevers,bottom bracket,cups..
And a garvin flexstem cushioned

Last edited:
Hi, actually i do agree too, please look for giving this ride a second life

Typical catalogs or price lists don't show a model named "Eiger", but the 1989 "Conquest" or 1990 "Tufftrax Comp" had a pretty identical paintjobs.
Saracen Conquest 1989.jpg
Saracen Tufftrax 1990.jpg

Edit, thanks for the hint on the black LX series.
The brochure of the Tufftrax even says 500 LX Chainset with "Special Black Edition". That was new to me!

Last edited:

Typical catalogs or price lists don't show a model named "Eiger", but the 1989 "Conquest" had a pretty identical paintjob.
View attachment 784361
It had XT components,
but what about the crank on your Eiger? I'm not aware of an black LX variant, just the XT 730 came to my knowledge in black.

Attachments

• 20231004_095623.jpg
    20231004_095623.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 12

Typical catalogs or price lists don't show a model named "Eiger", but the 1989 "Conquest" or 1990 "Tufftrax Comp" had a pretty identical paintjobs.
View attachment 784361
View attachment 784364

The brochure of the Tufftrax even says LX Chainset with "Special Black Edition". That was new to me!
Thanks!!!!

View attachment 784361
View attachment 784364

The brochure of the Tufftrax even says 500 LX Chainset with "Special Black Edition". That was new to me!
Thanks!! I wasn't even aware LX groupset existed that early until i came across this bike... i though the LX groupset came out in 93 or so with 400lx,500lx then LX

BTW: i was browsing a bit more, if I'm not mistaken, yours should be a Eiger "Team"
Saracen Eiger Team 1990 shpock 2.jpg

There was also another "Eiger" but this was typical blue, and also just like a Tufftrax with different name.

Back