Wanted Titanium Bottom Bracket

MuchAlohaNui

Senior Retro Guru
Hello,

I am looking for a titanium bottom bracket assembly. Would highly prefer Action Tec or Ultimate Machine...or anything you may have that is sub-155 grams with all the hardware (Boone, Gonzo, Hershey, TNT etc.). Doesn't necessarily need to be NOS or VGC and will consider just about anything functional as long as what you have is not beat to hell, like the aluminum cups stripped out for example.

112 x 68 mm
< 155 grams
JIS taper (Shimano taper)
15 mm (or narrower) aluminum bearing cup races (the parts that thread into the bottom bracket)
Introduced to the market any time before 1995

Thank you!

Action Tec BB.jpg

I had an Action Tec Ti BB. Back in the day.
The cups got metal fatigue (sharp edges on the flange if I recall).
It's not the best design as there is essentially no adjustable preload.

Well, I did try to fit it to a 73mm BB shell with some homemade DIY spacers.
Cause, you know, I was intending to get a titanium frame with 68mm shell eventually.
Having said that, there is still no way to set the bearing preload.
I wouldn't buy another one.

I think they did replace the cups (once). But they soon failed again.

Was that an issue restricted to a certain generation or problematic across all? The 112 mm Action Tec is light as heck and I want one, but if there are known failures, I can move to something else.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Might have a 113mm Syncros Ti BB but its ISO taper so cranks will tighten on ~ another 2mm ( so should work ) Will have to check if interested. Many early bling Ti BBs are ISO btw

I have Action tec and Syncros in my sales thread...

Latest posts

Back